Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Over the Edge for Trump

Donald seems to need to blow off steam through intermittent aggressive outbursts. Are people playing into his hands by challenging him? I have had two known, close encounters with nut cases and in each instance I concluded that the only workable tactic was to get away from them.

I was an arbitrary presence. I had a role in an imaginary drama. They were delusional and everything was reinterpreted in relation to their delusion so it was complicity or nothing. But I concluded that if the circumstances had been otherwise challenging them would have been the best response.

How so? I can't claim authority but the model is Edward Murrow tackling Joe McCarthy. There wasn't enough leverage for me to drive my crazy people over the edge and I probably couldn't and I wasn't invested enough to try but look at what Murrow did to McCarthy. He used steady pressure.

With Trump we are all invested and the stakes are high and we can't pack our bags. Where would we go? What would we do? We can't get away from him and we have a responsibility. We must criticize and ridicule him non-stop and try to drive him over the edge. He will do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment