Sunday, February 19, 2017

Goodbye, Cool World

The thing is, I love the world. I love life and all its spectacular diversity and particularity and the whole continuum down to our inanimate environment, though I wonder lately if inanimate isn't up from where we are. I don't feel any contempt for life at all but only for us because we are now anti-life--sick and predatory and suicidal and failing in the simple responsibilities our lives and consciousness require.

The gifts of life weren't enough. Little has been asked of us in return for so much but we shamelessly want more. I truly hate to say it because I don't have anything against anybody apart from how they live but--look at Trump, a despicable example of humanity. He thinks he's beyond the rules and that he defines​ everything within his sphere and authority but it's devoid of truth, justice and decency. 

I don't condemn him but only what he does. He is our incarnation of evil, a manifestation of the distilled and concentrated worst of us--those who empowered and supported him, meaning all of us. Sadly we are all implicated because of our common franchise and flawed nature, now evident in that man who is not just flawed but the repository of all deficiency, our most deplorable nature fully realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment