Then I paid through the nose. Two other wealthy or relatively wealthy entities near me got fiber by throwing money at it, $30K in one instance, over (reputedly, believably) $100K in the other. A company I never heard of began trenching in no end of conduit in my subdivision a couple of years ago.
They then disappeared. I figured it was Biden money that ran out but no idea. Lately other crews, under another corporate name, showed up finishing the conduit down the public road and I got fiber. Still a drop wire to the house but I got it. I have no cell service at home so this connectivity is important.
But it's fucking important for everybody. People can't have normal lives without connectivity. Kids can't be schooled properly. Republicans fight rabidly against it. You can always get Starlink at twice prices that are already too high. But Republicans want exclusion. And this is a southern white thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment