Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Happy Talk

One good thing about aging in obscurity is that you aren't surprised by your insignificance. But some people don't see theirs and may die with the delusion that they mattered. Think of an egomaniac. 

Think of Trump, maybe. I don't know but it's reassuring to me not to have the worry of self-importance. I'm happy in my insignificance and it's fine. I get a lot of pleasure from little things and try to share.

It's a matter of faith but I always try to share. Somehow we all carry on in an imperceptible way and I want my net effect to have been good. I'll celebrate that tonight with wine and delicious food. 

You can join me by doing the same, or come on over if you're in the area. Red wine is an antidote for lots of things, not the least of which is the egomaniacal insanity around us. Let's celebrate obscurity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment