Tuesday, August 9, 2016

The Invisible Umbilical and Planet Trump

I was trying to explain to somebody how someone, let's just say Bill O'Reilly, could do nothing but spit out lies and not be a liar and not be insane. It's the power of the human psyche to fragment and compartmentalize and rationalize at work here. 

It's as though Bill has an invisible umbilical feeding him lies from some mother-lode, a dark place where lies and the truth are indistinct or the distinction is irrelevant. The currency there is power and the ability to be arbitrary and in control. But Trump is another animal. 

Trump is a despot and his own dark-star or at least a sizable subplanet in close affiliation with the mothership of horror. He is not a point of the transmission of chaos, as is Bill, but a place of its creation. He defines a zone within which the truth is what he says it is.

He is his own false idol. This means that he is evil and I say that without condemnation. It's not my place to condemn anybody but in my tradition making yourself a rival of God Is serious shit and this is what he is doing. So I guess I condemn him but it's not personal. 

If he will stop I will stop and I will no longer condemn him, just to show that there's no ill will. Herr Donald, are you there? I know, he's somewhere shooting his mouth off again, certain that there will never be any consequences no matter what he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment