Thursday, November 3, 2022

We Love Lunatics

Lucille Ball was too brash for me, However, I loved The Honeymooners. All in the Family I never watched. Couldn't get interested. Married With Children I never watched. I think I might have liked it. I'm not a fan of network TV, not even Seinfeld, though I know it's a matter of taste.
 
Put me in Guantanamo, make me watch most network TV, and I would tell you anything. Forget waterboarding, but that would work too. Use Baywatch. Sadist? Start with waterboarding. If it would save my family I might hold out for a while. I always hated politics. It seemed like torture to me. 

Most of the time. But when you score you score big. Civil rights. All of FDR. Preventing wars and nuclear holocaust. The good old days. When there was some national cohesion. Or so we thought. It was an illusion. There was always division. With modernity and desegregation it rose up. 

Now division is everything. Hate. And everything is a show. All politics, no policy. As a show it sucks. Republicans choose lunatics as a display of contempt for governance. Not our government, but the idea of cooperation and a common good as a whole. Libertarians do this to you. 

A return to a state of nature. They favor savagery since they're already on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment