Wednesday, April 3, 2019

High Dudgeon Redundancy

Trump really tests the limits of one's vocabulary, expression and comprehension. He is so abnormally abnormal and so insistent about it. He has gotten me past any problems I had with repetition. I now support repetition and redundancy. How many ways can you say "piece of shit" in English? Should we resort to Latin, making it sound more diagnostic? 

There is no "piece of shit" diagnosis in the mental health manuals. 

Anyway, fragmen stercore is "piece of shit" in Latin. NOW I wonder how to say “raging piece of shit” in Latin. Do you see what I mean? This doesn't get us anywhere. I'll stick with "piece of shit” and say it over and over again. One shouldn’t be pressed to be inventive, in these difficult times, when speaking the truth because the truth is in retreat.

And, indignation. I feel indignation all the time. Should I call it high dudgeon? No. Stick with the primal sense of outrage over Trump and describe it in simple terms. Over and over and over again. Though, “worthless flotsam from the shipwreck of Republicanism” comes to mind as a “piece of shit" alternative. Yes, this is hard to articulate and capture.

Repetition and redundancy are tools of intensification. 

Intensification is our friend, though no amount of it can capture the worthlessness and depravity of Trump and his followers. It's impossible. We must face it though we can't express it. Most importantly, we must take him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment