Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Trump Agonistes (or, "Unshackled")

Well, folks, it's becoming clear that a mediocre outcome will not be ours and I kind of understand it. Flaming wreckage is more appealing to an attention-hog like Trump than sailing into political oblivion on the smooth waters of an unambiguous electoral thrashing, smooth in that it might have been the biggest collective "yuck" ever heard as he exited in a surfeit of slime. 

But Trump is not water he is fire and any thrashing to be witnessed will be his as he cleverly explores the range of hysterics and histrionics in search of spark and combustion, anything other than facing the empty reality of his interior life, a man so utterly oral any retention on the other end and he would explode in no time and give "shit-storm" a whole new aspect and meaning.

I wouldn't want to be within range. I hope I can unshackle "unshackled" from its association with Trump. It's a good word. But the image is compellingly ludicrous. I called to tell my brother about the event and it prevented any further discussion because he couldn't stop laughing, so some good may have come of it already, but I think there will be explosions and fire before it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment