Saturday, October 29, 2016

Dork Democracy

I realized in reading opinion articles by Thomas Edsall in the NYT that I'm surprised at how good they are, probably because there is so little good opinion writing and because he looks like a dork. 

But I look like a dork, I think, and I would surely sink like a stone if I tried to get into a position of authority and influence based on how I appear. I'm weak on composure but I have some skills.

Dorky looking people deserve to be heard. They may be the kinds of people who run things well because they aren't flaming narcissists like Trump and as conceited and self serving and brutish.

I bet Hillary is a dorkess but she's so smart she's compensated her way out of it. Bless you, Hillary. May you win this election and the next. I want a leader as wise and articulate as Thomas Edsall.

No comments:

Post a Comment