Friday, July 15, 2016

An American Hermann

I know it's bad to compare people to Hitler so I'm going for Göring. Donald Trump reminds me so much of Hermann. He has the same, flush-faced bravado and takes enormous pleasure in himself and loves to show off and parade around in triumph.

Mar-a-Lago doubles as a home and as a business version of a hunting lodge, with the spoils all around. Both men have a "you would do this too if you could" aspect to them. Harrumph! I'll have them know that I wouldn't, posthumously in the one instance. 

Sorry, Hermann. Are you there? He would love the unabashed self-promotion of Herr Donald and the way he struts his stuff. It will be that way until it all falls apart. But Trump would never have the courage or decency to kill himself. He would fester away.

No comments:

Post a Comment