Monday, December 14, 2015

Maybe I've Been Wrong About Everything

I buy a lot of stuff on eBay, mostly for my work. I have to say, eBay is amazing. The sellers on there, in my experience, are mostly really trying. It challenges my assumption that Americans are idiots.

Some of these people must be politically conservative. This means their foreign policy is "fuck off." Their domestic policy, "fuck you." Their economic doctrine, "fuck-it." But these people are nice.

I can't make sense of it. There's a disconnect somewhere and I'm not seeing it, but maybe it's because the eBay transactions are personal. The rest of it is impersonal or so it seems to them.

But it's not impersonal at all. Foreign policy is personal. Domestic policy is personal. The economy is personal. Everything is personal. I don't know how to convey this to conservatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment