Monday, July 9, 2018

Take That, Motherfucker

I was really rooting for black people back in the day. I still root for black people. They have been treated unconscionably, down to now. Thus, it was a blow to my early hopes for racial progress when the black guys began using "motherfucker" every other word. I supposed their PR person was away that day. But now I understand the amazing wisdom and perception of the black guys.

They know lies when they see them. They know innuendo and cant. The mealy-mouthed bullshit masquerading among white people as wisdom and concern doesn't fool them. They see the structural inequity and oppression. And they saw, before it was obvious to us all, that America is the land of motherfuckers -- the realm, kingdom, plantation and domain of assholes and injustice.

No comments:

Post a Comment