Thursday, April 23, 2015

It Doesn't Flush

When I was building my house I bought the most standard toilet imaginable, a big brand and the equivalent of a Chevy Impala or maybe a Nova, not a Chevette or Corvette and certainly not a Vega, God help us. Those things self-destructed. 

It doesn't flush. I was amazed and looked at Consumer Reports after the fact and they said: it doesn't flush. I thought it was me but, no, I had verification. You know how you can't help but think that God hates you if you hit a long string of red lights? 

This is my red-light toilet. I know it's nothing and meaningless and that millions of other people bought the same model but I still felt picked on and done-wrong, hated by God and generally wretched in the awareness of my trusting stupidity.

And all this over a toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment