Saturday, December 24, 2022

Fate Tempted Me

I never went looking for trouble. I'm unambitious and averse to risk. I wanted a quiet life, security and a low level of environmental impact. I'm a person you want in your scheme because I'm scalable. 

If there were more like me a society would be better. No credit to me here. I fully admit I was an accident of nature and nurture, no reflection on anybody. But the non-scalable people came after me. 

The driven, destructive sorts. The assholes. People with issues and complexes. Mostly authority issues. They think somebody has to be on top. Therefore somebody has to be on the bottom. Me. Us. 

Anybody but them. Everybody but them. 

Basically, screwed. So, they want to be on top. They want to be screwers, not screwees. Making me a screwee. They came after me. Not I them. They came after those who want fairness and cooperation.

Those who want moderation and decency. I feel forced to defend myself. Against the assholes who would ruin things for the rest of us. I suppose we should organize. Whatever we're doing it isn't enough.

Because the assholes are winning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment