Saturday, August 17, 2019

Democracy Dies in the Light of Day

I never once saw Donald Trump’s reality TV show. I never followed his exploits around New York though I beheld his tasteless tower at times. I had no idea he was such an evil, self-centered, stupid and morally stunted person.

However, I was aware of the destructive impulses of the Gingrich-influenced Republicans—that they came to annihilate America and oversee its reinvention as a state that runs on greed and cruelty, serving only the very wealthy.

And, so, I am somewhat unsurprised at where Trump is heading, toward the re-creation of America along the loathsome lines of Ayn Rand’s grotesque fantasies of heroically unbounded egotism, but I am very surprised at how fast.

Trump’s brand of worthlessness plays perfectly into the worst aspects of the determined destruction of rational government and decency. We are becoming an abomination and monstrosity out in the open and in view of everyone.

Our government is overcome by criminals.

No comments:

Post a Comment