Thursday, September 22, 2016

Scalability

One of my criteria for evaluating anything is scalability. For example, the average business mogul isn't scalable.

A society completely made up of people of that type and temper would be unlivable. They always have to win.

I think that I am scalable. A society full of me would look like Scandinavia, with everyone living closer to the mean.

There would be lots of differentiation but also a lot of social unity and community and tremendous public works.

I love public works: parks and museums and gardens and opera houses and trains and health care for everyone.

Writing this I'm convincing myself that I'm a pretty good guy. But most of our current leaders aren't good people.

They scale into a dystopian nightmare and I think that's where we're heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment