Sunday, November 9, 2014

Imaginary Man on First

My brother reminded me today of something I had forgotten. We would play, when we were kids, baseball games in the street with so few people you routinely had to bat again while being on base, in which case there would be an "imaginary man on first" or wherever.

You could drive yourself in. Cool. So civilized, these games were. Never a cheap-shot. We played hard but fair, our neighborhood code, but I assume it was common among kids in the area, kids everywhere, civilization in miniature.

And we enjoyed one another's humiliations so much, in good humor, yet we were barbarians. Little savages, without conscience, in many areas, because we were unsophisticated, not grown up. So what is the excuse of the Republicans?

Are they not grown up, or what. Cheap shot after cheap shot. I'm so tired of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment