Thursday, April 18, 2024

Evangelicals Have This Right

No, I haven't converted. But I bought a new dishwasher. And I think -- God, we can't go on this way, using up and throwing out this consumer shit like there's no tomorrow. Evangelicals have a plan. 

No tomorrow. Fuck tomorrow. Let's get everybody killed. Destroy everything. And in this they're right -- it can't go on. Beyond that we differ. I love life. I love humanity, nature, the world and creation. 

And dogs. I love dogs. Evangelicals hate it all. Maybe not dogs, but ... collateral damage.

Pure spirit, that's what they want. A bunch of souls, maybe with incorruptible bodies, floating around in space somewhere. But no more of this awful imperfection. They're going to blow it all up. 

Mortality puts an edge on everything, I'll grant that. Corruptibility, the way it plays out, where anybody can die of cancer or another misery, for example, might not be my favorite. But life is what it is. 

I don't think it's our place to pull the plug. Presumptuous, to my mind. But evangelicals want to see the end times. I think life is a miracle. They think it's a catastrophe. A huge mistake. 

And they will have their way. Destruction is easy. But I'm going to stick with wonder at the miracle of creation. As long as I can. Thank you, friends, for being here with me. And I wish you well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment