Monday, January 22, 2024

Right to Twerk State

I foresee a day when Republicans will outlaw twerking, on grounds of obscenity. Now, I don't like twerking or even the word but I don't like yoga pants on women either. To say nothing of men. Nobody is making me look at anything and I like the way Mormon women dress so I'm probably pretty fucked up. Though I like to think I'm hardwired into the 1920s and 30s via my parents. I mean, I love Gershwin and old movies.

If that makes it better. 

But I don't want to live in a non-twerking state and mine might go there. The broader point is that Republicans are never satisfied. Democrats have been trounced and Republicans believe they're threatened and vulnerable. Vulnerable to what? Having their sensibilities not reinforced and coddled in every possible situation? Which is just nuts but they don't care. My state has been taken over by certified conservative assholes.

A lot of what they do can't be explained except as triumphalism. Putting it in the face of the libs. Again and more broadly, though, it has to be seen in relation to how they treated blacks. Democrats are the new blacks. Open season on us. And this means it will never end. Democrats must be made null and void. Our rights demolished. Our lives limited. Our values vanquished. And they will not stop until they achieve it.

I'll have to move to a right-to-twerk state, from a right-to-work one. Which sounds weird, and not at all consistent with what I consider to be my values, but it might be the best I can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment