Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Asylum Seekers

There's a lesson that I learned early. Certain situations can't be changed. In the cases of addiction and insanity the only thing that someone can do is leave.

You have to get away from it. Pack your bags. Any involvement with people that messed up will be on their terms. As a kid I was stuck in such circumstances. 

I couldn't escape. That's why I write about politics, I bet. Being held hostage by political crazies resonates with my experiences with mentally unstable people. 

I so want to get away from the fanatics who have taken over our country. It used to be a good country and lived up to its ideals to a greater extent than most.

But not any more. For now we are stuck in an asylum for the politically insane and we have much more in common with the boat-people than we think.

No comments:

Post a Comment