Sunday, January 4, 2015

Overcooked

I apply the principle of "al dente" all over the place. It works for me. Rules are good but they only get you so far. It's best to stay engaged with the processes and be willing to make decisions on the basis of incoming information.

Immediately the idea that more is better falls apart when you use the tooth. One of my ongoing gripes is that aging white people finish their lives in their biggest houses ever, after the kids are gone but before the retirement villa.

As though it's some kind of flourish or crescendo in relation to their existence, that is, when it's really just dumb and wasteful and doesn't make their lives better in any healthy way. And look at the mess our government is in.

It's overcooked into indescribable nothingness, burned beyond recognizing or reduced to an undifferentiated mass. I want to apply the tooth--not me personally, but you know what I mean--to bite on Boehner and McConnell a bit.

Or we could throw them against the wall and see if they stick. I'm sure we'll decide to turn down the flame on the money pouring into the capitol from private sources. Fucking jet fuel, that's what the stuff is. It's way too volatile.

You can see it in the restlessness of the new majorities. They're boiling over. So let's just turn down the flames, people. Are you with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment