Thursday, August 6, 2020

Days of Wine and COVID

I love my house. I love my car. I love my land and my garden and even my shop though it’s a store-and-lock now. I love my friends and my family. I love my dog and dogs generally. I love to eat what I cook and the opportunities I have to buy and cook almost anything. 

I love my memories. Most of them, anyway. I wish I could say “no regrets” but I have many regrets. I can live with it because I know how fortunate I am. I love the opportunities I have to read anything I want. I love outdoor showers and saunas (I have one at my house).

I could go on. This all occurred to me in a moment as I was walking out the door and through the carport to take a refreshing shower after working hard and I think I owe it to COVID. The virus has made me more appreciative. I am so fucking lucky. I hope it lasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment