Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Nihilistic Pablum

I wonder if we have always been garbage or evolved slowly into fear-mongering meanies and Trump-electing idiots or if we had a sudden breakdown and cultural nervous collapse.

My investigations argue for evolution. At the time I thought to myself that disco heralded the end of civilization​ but not really. I was exaggerating​ for the effect. But now I think it did.

Something seems to me to have happened about then, that we opted out of authenticity and chose lies over the truth as a result of our early Puritanism and religious fundamentalism.

Otherworldliness is destructive when it rejects the validity of biological being. Believing that the world and physical reality are shit makes them self-fulfillingly shit. Someone tell Trump.

The world--creation--is wonderful. I think that the sixties somehow degenerated into a blind rejection of values--cynicism and a mediocrity quest, lowest-common-denominator effects.

Look at TV and it's pervasiveness and influence. It's nihilistic pablum. Don Johnson's mullet says it all. We don't want a functional leader but a national hood-ornament. Such is Trump.

We don't want to be inconvenienced by being expected to live up to any standard or ethos. There is no better man for that than Trump. He is a complete moral and ethical nonentity.

No comments:

Post a Comment