Thursday, November 24, 2016

Light My Bier

Wow, I'm amazed at how many of the best people I know are taking the Trump thing very hard, not wanting to feel anything anymore. They are the best because their patriotism isn't forced or paraded around needlessly in a narcissistic pitch for ego inflation. They care instinctively and effortlessly about their country and their fellow citizens and understand intellectually and emotionally what the country was supposed to be about. 

And they see clearly the failure Trump embodies no matter what he does. He would only succeed accidentally or to benefit himself in some sick way. I fear another Bush-like outcome--in reality a catastrophe but with no accountability because the right-wing crazies won't allow it. They will spin the mess after the fact or blame it all on the Democrats no matter how obvious the connection between their policies and the outcomes. 

Now, as for me, I've been taking it hard since Nixon so I'm more thick-skinned about it. I think Trump is a disgusting, loathsome, ass-licking hunk of garbage but that's a pretty average Republican these days. Look at his appointees. It's feeding time at the Washington hog-farm and they aren't even there yet, just queued up at the tower awaiting their time at the trough, licking their lips and patting one another in anticipation.

We are the suckers financing the whole thing. It's really very sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment