Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Breakfast at Tiffany's

I'm sure it was chance Tiffany Trump married an insanely rich guy. 

Not tied in with dynastic aspirations or an informal or unconscious eugenics thing based on a lifetime of parental influence playing out as Trump and his father. 

Where Trump is a puppet of his father, I mean, even long after tycoon daddy is dead. As daddy clearly intended. But I wonder what the Queen is doing tonight?

Or princess, perhaps. Tiffany. No, that's too obvious. Because evenings are a more public time. People are usually dressed and sometimes go out to dinner.

I'm not thinking straight. Armand, the personal chef, and his assistants, must cook up a feast. It's so hard to remember they really are in another world.

Unimaginable to us. But what about breakfast? Surely they sleep like the rest of us. And get up a little groggy and with bad breath and maybe a little cranky. 

I love mornings. I'm actually pleasant and engaging and I like to cook breakfast for people. But I'm not a billionaire. I didn't grow up with great expectations.

Expectations? That implies waiting. Delayed gratification. They're not waiting for anything. They're there. This is surprisingly tough. Eye on the ball, James. 

I wonder what it's like. And what it's like at Tiffany's breakfast table. Or if she has it in bed, brought in by servants. I'm not suggesting anything. 

I really don't know. Which goes to show, again, they live in another world. Paid for by us. Tax breaks for the rich! I wish they seemed a little more grateful.

But I wonder what it's like in the mornings when they're maybe not at their best. A little vulnerable. More themselves? But the rich self is surely different.

I bet everything is different. As I say, it's another world.

No comments:

Post a Comment